The McQuaig System
Most errors or poor hiring decisions are caused by too much emphasis being placed on the job candidates appearance, sociability, likeability and conversational skills. Frequently ignored are the attributes of a quality candidate such as attitudes, drive, steadiness, maturity, aptitude and temperament – and most responsible for interviewing are not trained in recognising these to a depth that results in making a decision that is truly aligned to what the job outcomes require.
The McQuaig system is a tried and trusted method of determining a job candidates temperament style, how they will apply their skills and knowledge, and whether they will be an ideal fit for your job role.
The McQuaig system raises the predicability of whether a job candidate will be successful in the role and gives you peace of mind that you are choosing a quality candidate or promoting the right person.
Poor hiring decisions come at a high price
In larger organisations getting senior appointments wrong can reak havoc, causing loss of key employees through poor management and at worse losing customer accounts!
In smaller organisations putting the wrong person into the business and then having to remove them can cause major disruption to the business and customer delivery and service – what a headache!
Then the obvious costs such as recruitment fees to replace the incumbent and the employees they drove away kick in. Now your hurting your bottom line.
Not to mention the critical time lost – time is money and you can’t regain that time back.
Why should I use The McQuaig System?
- Ability tells us whether people CAN do the job (via experience, education, skills)
- Character tells us if people WILL do the job (via interview)
- However temperament is a predictor for HOW they will bring the education, experience, skills AND enthusiam and if they will be successful or not
Have you ever had these experiences?
Hiring a technically competent person who turned out to be incapable of getting on with others?
Promoting one of your best people from an expert role to a leadership one only to find that person is incapable of leading?
After months of hiring you have found your dream candidate, but three months on you are not getting what you expected?
The McQuaig system helps to confirm and clarify if a person is a strong match for the role BEFORE you make the hiring decision, therefore reducing risk and potential loss of time and money.
- Raise predicability level of candidate success in job role and fit to your company culture
- Increase quality of employees to build on your talent base
- Find out if candidates are good at sales: a true ‘hunter’ or a ‘farmer’. What their closing style is and the length of sales cycle their temperament is best suited to for maximum sales.
- Ensure your are promoting the right people who will be successful – not every one is cut out for management or sales even if they have a genuine desire and are good at their current role. The McQuaig system will tell you straight away.
- A tailored job interview guide for your role and for the candidate so you can drill down in the right areas that are aligned to what you need.
- Speed up return on investment with new hires through McQuaigs guide on how to best coach them during the first 90 days within your specific role. It is tailored and specific to the role and the individual.
- The McQuaig Self Development Report can be used in conjunction with your performance management and appraisal process.
How does it work?
The McQuaig System™ is just that an effective 3 step systemised process of:
- Job Analysis - What do you really need from the job and what are the true outcomes required?
- Job Profile – What are the behaviours, temperament and qualities that will successfully produce high value outcomes for your specific roles?
- Candidate Profile – Does the candidate that you are considering match the job? The behaviours, temperaments and qualities required? and what is the predictability of their success?
The McQuaig Job Survey® and McQuaig Word Survey® are the profiling tools that underlay this system and provide comprehensive reports covering:
- Visual graph illustrating style of behavior
- Interpretation Report of impact, potential assets, potential limitations
- Leadership Profile
- Selling Style Report
- Management Overview
- Motivating Factors
- Strategies for Coaching & Developing
- Development Learning Style Report
- Team Approach
WIN A CASINO PARTY FOR UP TO 70 OF YOUR STAFF AT A CITY VENUE!
VALUED AT $5,000 – BOOK A FREE DEMONSTRATION AND TRIAL FOR A JOB ROLE OF YOUR CHOICE TO FIND OUT MORE ON HOW YOU CAN WIN A CASINO PARTY!